This course complies with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines relating to the provision of first aid.
A list of topics and skills covered in Australia Wide First Aid’s comprehensive course is as below:
- The basic ethics and theory involved in first aid practice.
- The measures need to be taken to effectively deal with issues concerning major or minor injury and illness.
- The most important management steps needs to be undertaken when dealing with potentially critical health conditions.
- Basic Health and safety knowledge is required when dealing with the condition of first aid situations.
- The principles, procedures and standard precautions need to be undertaken to control infection and its spread.
- You will master the knowledge of ‘Chain of Survival’.
- You will learn the skills a First Aider possesses and what limitations you should be aware of.
- How and when an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) should be used.