CPC30611 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
This qualification provides a trade outcome in painting and decorating for residential and commercial construction work.
Occupational titles may include:
- Painter and decorator.
The qualification has core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as two specialist fields of work.
The construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context.
Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement.
Successful completion of this course will require the completion of 27 units, this comprises of 23 core units and 4 electives. A large number of elective units are available enabling students to select elective units relevant to their field of interest.
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2003B Calculate and cost construction work
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
Painting and decorating preparation field of work
- CPCCCM3001C Operate elevated work platforms
- CPCCPB3026B Erect and maintain trestle and plank systems
- CPCCPD2011A Handle painting and decorating materials
- CPCCPD2012A Use painting and decorating tools and equipment
- CPCCPD2013A Remove and replace doors and door and window components
- CPCCPD3021A Prepare surfaces for painting
Painting and decorating operations field of work
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCPD3022A Apply paint by brush and roller
- CPCCPD3023A Apply texture coat paint finishes by brush, roller and spray
- CPCCPD3024A Apply paint by spray
- CPCCPD3025A Match specified paint colour
- CPCCPD3026A Apply stains and clear timber finishes
- CPCCPD3027A Apply wallpaper
- CPCCPD3028A Apply decorative paint finishes
- CPCCPD3031A Implement safe lead paint and asbestos work practices in the painting industry
Specialist painting and decorating field of work
- CPCCPD3029A Remove graffiti and apply protective coatings
- CPCCPD3030B Apply protective paint coating systems
- CPCCPD3032A Apply advanced wallpaper techniques
- CPCCPD3033A Apply intumescent coatings
- CPCCPD3034A Apply advanced decorative paint finishes
- CPCCSP3003A Apply trowelled texture coat finishes
- BSBSMB301A Investigate micro business opportunities
- BSBSMB406A Manage small business finances
- LMFGG2008B Glaze/re-glaze residential windows and doors
Theory components are completed online – self paced. Practical assessments are completed with workplace evidence.
CPC30611– Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
Funding is available. Taylormade First Aid Solutions Training Australia will help students to access funding, where applicable, through the User choice government funding
To book or for further information please contact:
Taylormade First Aid Solutions Training Australia – Registered Training Organisation 31326
Frank Major Training Director on 0402 788 406